Make Something

Yesterday I made a list of all the things I want to make.  Some of them are for Inklore and others are for our home, but when I was finished with my list, it looked very familiar.  It looked familiar because I probably make a list like this at least once a week, and many of the things on that list have been there for a long time.  Do you ever make a long list like this and then accomplish none of it because it seems overwhelming?  


So I've decided to try something new.  I found an old jar, wrote that list, one thing at a time on scraps of paper, and put them in the jar.  Suddenly that list seemed much less overwhelming; it barely made a dent in the jar.  Now, on those days that I have the time to make something, instead of making a list, I can pull out one idea and actually accomplish it.  I'll be back on Monday to show you what I pulled out of the jar today... 
signature.001

8 comments:

Amy (the b-line) 3/20/09, 3:16 PM  

Great idea! I'm quite the list maker myself. This would make accomplishing the tasks much more random and fun.
Amy

Christie 3/20/09, 10:17 PM  

my lists are always so long, I love this idea, i will have to give it a shot!

buebau 3/21/09, 6:39 AM  

That's such a great idea!

Jesse 3/22/09, 6:45 AM  

Brilliant idea, I'm going to try it too! I'm often overwhelmed by my list, and settle for starting something that's not on it instead.

Anonymous,  3/24/09, 8:06 AM  

I love this idea; might have to try this with the things I have left to do to get the studio opened; I find myself doing all things other than that, so maybe it would help. So cute, love the shoe project---very cool work,

Billy 3/26/09, 10:24 AM  

This is such a good idea! I feel exactly the same with my lists...

Amy 3/26/09, 1:44 PM  

That is perfection! What a fabulous idea! Those shoe posts in your latest post are perfect!

zoetropa 3/29/09, 5:13 AM  

Ooh. This is a good idea. I am always overwhelmed by my lists which then leads to procrastination. I'll have to try your way. Thanks for this great idea! :)Pam

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP