Keepsake Growth Chart

About a month ago, I stumbled into an antique store and found a teeny tiny closet full of wood block print. The only problem was that is was too hot to spend much time in there, so I came out with only a collection of numbers. On the way home I started dreaming up this idea.

This is one of those magical times when the original idea in my head turns out exactly as I had pictured. I've always loved the idea of keeping a growth chart, but I wanted it to be portable, modern, and simple to use. I used natural canvas to make the chart and block printed the numbers and markings. I'm just so happy with the result.

I'd love to know what you think. And, of course, it's now in my shop!

8 comments:

/// 8/8/08, 1:06 PM  

OMG SAM--- could you be any more creative?

I'd totally buy this if I had a kid. Heck, I want one for myself. ;)

Wendy 8/8/08, 5:08 PM  

Really cute! Great use of the wooden type :)

Jesse 8/9/08, 6:21 AM  

Brilliant idea! And the little tin to keep everything in is so cute.

Unknown 8/9/08, 3:29 PM  

What a great idea! I love how it turned out.

The box is so nice too - all tidy and ready for notes.

Lisa 8/12/08, 3:00 PM  

i LOVE IT! great idea and design. my opinion is GIRL COLORS also. i have 2 girls, and those colors dont go with their rooms. (is that lame?) very well priced too!

Diana 8/14/08, 6:26 AM  

Wow, love, love it! So simple and this is where the beauty of it lies. Well done! Wish I'd thought of it.

cloth.paper.string 8/19/08, 6:05 PM  

amazing - both the idea and the execution.

Anonymous,  8/21/08, 8:19 AM  

i LOVE this!!!! It's on my must-buy list now!!!;)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP