Link:lore (Grey Willow Studios)

Link:lore is the story behind the links...


I first found Grey Willow Studios on flickr, where Kristi shares her love for photography.  I especially love her flora photos.  Then, the other day when she posted some photos of her latest enamel work, I knew I needed to share it with you.  Her work is available in her etsy shop.  Enjoy!



1.  Why did you decide to open an online shop?
To me, selling online is the perfect blend of visibility, flexibility, and opportunity.  I actually started marketing my art online over ten years ago, when I started a website as an online portfolio.  At the time, it was intended merely as a diversion for me as a new stay-at-home-mom, but it rapidly snowballed into so much more.  The ability to connect with people is amazing - those connections extend not only to customers but also to the community of fellow artisans who are working hard to live their dream.  It is a way for me to keep my overactive mind busy, but it also affords me the freedom to take time out for myself or my family when needed.

Also, as someone who spent my formative years manning craft show booths with my family, I also very much appreciate not having to worry about tents blowing away, rain, wind, heat, cold, packing, finding parking, setting up, tearing down, making change, sleeping in hotels, and all of the upfront costs associated with doing shows all the time.  I am extremely thankful for the online selling experience.

2.  Who/what inspires you?
Everything!  I find inspiration everywhere.  Nature inspires me in many ways.  I've lived all over the United States, and I often draw on the sights and experiences of the different wonderful places I've been.  The variety of plant and animal life here is quite inspirational, from the tiniest fungi on a tree branch, to the variegations on color on a leaf, to birds of prey soaring overhead (and even occasionally landing in my yard), to alligators gliding through duckweed in the swamps.  The reflections in a droplet of water.  The colors and scents of the produce section at the grocery store.  I love the timeworn beauty of old houses, barns, and forgotten places.  My husband and children inspire me in so many ways.  I also love the parts of the world that can only be seen under a microscope.  And of course, I am inspired by the creative process and the materials themselves.  To hold something beautiful in your hands that only a short while ago was just a sheet of metal of a lump of clay - completely inspirational.

                                                         Thanks Kristi!
signature.001

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP