Link:lore (Cicada Studio)

Today I'm excited to welcome Michelle from Cicada Studio.  Michelle is an inspiration to many part-time designers as she has recently started running her fabric design business full-time.  You can read more about Michelle on her blog, visit her shop on Etsy, and find her latest venture at cloud 9 fabrics.



Quilt made with Dogwood Fabric Bundle 

1.  Why did you decide to open an online store?
I remember the exact moment this happened:  I was making a birthday card for my dear husband and when I finished I realized its uniqueness.  I thought, I should do one for every Zodiac sign and sell them.  So that's what I did.  A lot has changed since then, but I still get quite a lot of business for those cards through word of mouth, as I haven't sold them in the shop for well over a year now.

2.  Who/what inspires you?
I'm inspired by many people and things.  My peers, artists great and small, my husband, my kids, nature, design styles of eras past.  It's too vast a pool to be specific.  I think that because I am receptive to so much around me, is partly the reason for my prolific nature.  If only I had enough time to accomplish all the ideas that pop into my head from all the things that catch my attention.

                                            Thanks Michelle!
signature.001

6 comments:

Heather Moore 6/8/09, 6:24 AM  

Michelle certainly is an inspiration. Thanks for this, and more strength to her.

Jesse 6/8/09, 8:13 AM  

If I could manage a tenth of what Michelle does, I'd be happy. And if I could do it with such energy and finesse.... She's a huge inspiration, and if anyone can find more time, she can!

Arlette M. 6/8/09, 9:51 AM  

Thanks for the wonderful feature Sam!

Dee 6/8/09, 10:41 AM  

Beautiful quilt.

Michelle Engel Bencsko 6/8/09, 2:30 PM  

PS- Arlette M is my mom, so that was me!

LJ 6/9/09, 2:48 PM  

Just want to say I love your blog. Will be going on my reading list!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP