Midweek Inspirations: Etsuko Furuya

I've been thinking a bit about trying out some large scale printing, maybe printing lengths of fabric, and so I've been soaking up fabric design.  One of my favorite current designers is Etsuko Furuya.  I love the color combinations and use of white space in this work.

Natural Bird Pixel

Brown Bird Garland

Teal Dove

You can find these and other gorgeous fabrics at PurlSoho, one of my favorite online shops to browse.

I also want to say thank you to a few people who have recently featured my work: print&pattern, wide open spaces(look for my quatrefoil pillow), brettorium, and perideau designs.
signature.001

2 comments:

Jan 5/20/09, 2:56 AM  

You should do it, Sam! I used to paint large pieces of fabric - I imagine block printing would be so much fun! Did you see this little clutch last week? http://www.scoutiegirl.com/2009/05/in-a-word-1.html Same as the bottom fabric!

Jesse 5/20/09, 9:28 AM  

Thanks for that link - gorgeous fabrics. I'm excited to see what you do with large-scale prints!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP