Displayed

I'm happy to be home and rested from my first craft fair.  I'd say the pre-craft fair days were a success.  I'm happy with my display and worked hard to have inventory for the first time.  The fair itself turned out not to be so much a craft fair as a paper arts and supplies fair, so the few people who were there weren't really shopping for housewares and accessories.  I've decided in the future to either attend an event before participating, or only do events with a long history and good reputation for crafters.  

I do love the way the booth turned out though.  You might notice a few new items/colors in there and for the rest of the week I'll be sharing some of those new items.  

I also want to say a big thank-you to my sweet husband who helped me with my set up!
signature.001

8 comments:

zoetropa 5/5/09, 7:58 AM  

Your table set up looks great! I wish I had been there to see all your wonderful goodies in person. -Pam:)

Jesse 5/5/09, 8:44 AM  

It looks like you did a great job - so much stuff! I'm keen to see your new things, too. And that packing up photo is cool!

lesley [smidgebox] 5/5/09, 9:00 AM  

what a lovely table you set up. it looks so fresh and inviting. [love that growth chart!!]

Yu-Ting 5/5/09, 10:00 AM  

What a wonderful setup! It looks so nice! Love your stuff!

Perideau Designs 5/5/09, 10:42 AM  

Your setup looks great! Congrats!

ellie 5/5/09, 11:09 PM  

Your stall looks beautiful. Fresh and bright and inspiring.

After just having spent 5 days at a craft show, I know what you mean about knowing the fair well. We, too, found that people were mainly wanting supplies - and while we did sell fabric packs, our made-up products (bags, cushions, etc) were looked at (but ended up coming home with us again!). Also, I think unfortunately that at some craft shows, especially if they have an older client-base, that some designs and products are maybe a bit too different for them to imagine in their regular crafting projects.

I love your designs, wish I lived on the same continent as you - so I could see your pieces in real.

Good luck with your next Fair.
-Ellie : red seed studio

Diana 5/11/09, 5:03 AM  

Your stall looks fabulous. Markets are hard. Once you find your peeps your stuff is going to go off!!!

Candied Fabrics 5/12/09, 6:04 PM  

Great looking setup! And yay! for hard working hubbies - what would we do without them?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP