Take Note

This is the view from my kitchen window. These birch trees add such a calmness to our yard; I love to sit outside, reading, listening to the wind rustle the leaves. Soon enough the leaves will fall and will bring a different type of stillness. As I was looking out at the trees last week, I was reminded of an old project.

So, I got out those little birch branches and made some cards for the shop.

And while I was printing, I made up some hydrangea and rik-rak notecards as well. Using block printing ink rather than an ink pad gives these cards great texture. You can really feel the prints with your fingers.

2 comments:

hpalleiko 9/25/08, 5:24 PM  

Great little feature. Check out http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6027285 Kristina Havens shop. She is an amazing figurative artist. Her drawings she the beauty and movement of the human form. Her use of color is also fantastic.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP