Un-Red Roses

I'm busy here behind the scenes this week printing, sewing, working on packaging, and figuring out shipping for my new shop. I had just enough time, though, to work on one new design. A while ago this button came home with me.

I love the geometry of this button and the great color. It called for a print that is geometric, yet feminine, so I worked on something reminiscent of art deco roses that I have seen. It may still need a few leaves around the edges, but I love its un-red color.

I hope you're having a lovely week.

5 comments:

heather smith jones 7/2/08, 6:18 AM  

i like the way you overlapped the lines of the roses, and the way you translated the geometric feel. so nice.

Sew Bettie 7/2/08, 2:57 PM  

I love the button and your design that it inspired.

Unknown 7/2/08, 6:06 PM  

They do have a very nice art deco feel. I think they would make a great all -over pattern too... hello spoonflower?

Inklore 7/2/08, 9:35 PM  

Thanks everyone :) Spoonflower is so tempting, isn't it?!

'fancypicnic' 7/10/08, 7:58 AM  

This un-red rose design is wonderful! Very stylish!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP