Link:lore (abby try again)

Good Monday Morning!  Welcome to this Monday's link:lore (the story behind the links).  I'm so happy today to welcome Abby from abby try again.  I first found Abby years ago when she was making prints.  It was when she was photographing her prints that she discovered her love of photography and she soon started taking the loveliest photos of moments in her own life.  She shares those moments on her blog and you can bring those moments home from her shop.






1.  Why did you decide to open an online shop?
I first opened an etsy shop in September of 2005 to sell hand printed paper goods.  It was a way for me to be able to craft and explore some new hobbies-but not break the bank.  I met some great people along the way but eventually stopped making the paper goods.  I found out that I enjoyed taking photos of them better and in 2008 I opened a small photo shop on bigcartel.  I shoot film so the money from the sales helps me pay for all of the photos I take and post on my blog.

2.  Who/what inspires you?
I find inspiration in so many places but a huge one would be my Mother.  She has great style.  She was always toting us to thrift shops and garage sales when we were little and she always had amazing gardens.  I love flowers and plants and junk!  Another huge source of inspiration is flickr.  I check it everyday.  I've learned so much from friends I've found there.  It's amazing....

Be sure to visit Abby's flickr stream when you need a bit of inspiration.  Thanks Abby!
signature.001

1 comments:

Chakra Pennywhistle 6/15/09, 11:38 AM  

I love her work! I am a lucky owner of 2 of her photos. I adore them! Wonderful feature :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP