Keeping it Green

I'm sure you all know it's Earth Day tomorrow, so I thought I'd share a couple of recent upcycling projects from around my home.

The first is a collection of bottles from the kitchen that I painted with interior paint.  I love the way these turned out; they added a little brightness to a corner that needed it.

The second project I tackled was finally taking some of those frames that were either mismatched or just the wrong color for the room, and painting them the same color.  For $5, this was definitely much less costly for me and the environment than running out for new frames.

You should also go take a peek at what my friend Ant did to recycle her armoire.  Tomorrow for midweek inspirations, I'll be sharing some of my favorite eco-friendly shops.  Do you have any great recycling/upcycling projects you've done?
signature.001

5 comments:

Jan 4/21/09, 6:46 PM  

Love the bottles Sam! I have a few frames I just took apart this past weekend for a paint re-do! Can't wait to get them done. Yours looks wonderful!

Amy 4/22/09, 7:50 AM  

those green bottles are gorgeous & so effective! great idea!

Jesse 4/22/09, 8:32 AM  

Painting frames is one of my favourite ways of redecorating - so quick! Great colour for the bottles, too. Did you paint the outsides, or pour paint into them?

Pikaland 4/22/09, 10:40 PM  

How fabulous and so chic! I think I should dip my old bottles in paint as well!

Nicole Underwood Gonzalez 4/25/09, 3:37 PM  

Such lovely photos of all your projects. The cluster of bottles is really great :D

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP