Mixed Media

During my first year of college, I remember turning in a response to a poem which said, "I have no idea what this poem is about".  My professor, who very kindly referred to my response as "honest", also encouraged me to stretch myself a bit, to think about things in a new way, and so I did. 

      

Over the years I've learned to appreciate, and even love poetry, and am happy that I was encouraged to learn a bit more about an art form that stretched my way of thinking.  Much like poetry, the art of collage/mixed media has often been difficult for me to understand.  Yet over the past year there have been a few artists that have begun to pique my interest in this art form.  I adore the work of Stephanie Levy and Lu Summers, and so I decided to stretch my own work a bit and do a small collection of mixed media tea towels.  

Printed fabrics and block prints form this collection of three new tea towels...a bit more color and pattern than I normally use.  I hope you appreciate them, maybe even like them...
signature.001

4 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko 2/2/09, 3:29 AM  

Your response to the poem could've been my own. Unfortunately, I never did learn to understand- just passed me by. Collage, too. How nice for you to have been inspired by friends. Enjoy your adventure!

wzgirl 2/2/09, 8:15 AM  

I love the brown gingham!!

AlliesAdornments 2/2/09, 11:50 AM  

The new towels are darling & will add a great splash of color to many kitchens.

Diana 2/8/09, 9:52 PM  

It's fun trying new things. You did well. Very summery.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP